Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Welfares New Application

Like most people in this country, I have a job. I work, and get paid. I pay my taxes, which in turn keeps the government going.
In order to work where I work, so I can get my paycheck, I am required to take a random drug test. I pass the test no problem. What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a drug test, and still get a check. So shouldn't someone have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check, because I have to pass one to earn it for him or her in the first place? I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting at home doing drugs while I work.
Another thing I think that needs to be implemented is that to receive government assistance, I believe that each person drawing that check should be on birth control. Administered as a shot at the health clinic every three months. They must have the proof of the shot administered to get their check. The process of the welfare system is to help you get back on your feet, and able to work again, not support a baby machine so that the more children you have, the more money your check will be. The state (my tax dollars) also has to pick up the bill on the baby, and the insurance on the children. Do I see this as a civil rights violation? Not while these people want to live off of the governments money. They can give up a few rights, and maybe this will motivate them to get back to work ASAP.

3 comments:

  1. I have to say, I agree with you! Times are hard and no sign of relief is in sight. And it's easier for some people to just continue to sit around and wait of that check. There need to be some type of precaution use to monitor the situation. And to ensure that the money is put to good use and not to support habits. It should be given only to those that are try to better themselves and not to be use as a income! To help one get back to a working state and not a nonworking state. We pay taxes for a reason and this shouldn't be the reason! To support people that refuse to work or even seek employment, that's not the goal! Nor the reason the system was set in place. I work because I have to and not because I love to. However, I don't know what I would do if I didn't work! Or wasn't able to work. I believe the system should be monitor and people that can't pass a simple drug test, shouldn't be help or enable not to work with taxs dollars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You couldn't be more right! In a nut shell, it is no longer survival of the fittest. We (our government and welfare system) are creating a situation that promotes the growth of the "less fortuate" which un-fortunatly for people who work, means that the number of mouths that you have to feed, will just continue to grow. I have a friend who got laid off, they (welfare) made him sign his house over to them to get some help. Now when he sells his house or if he takes out another mortgage, they essentially have a lein on his home. RIDICULOUS! People who OWN nothing and never will get the same help, for nothing in return. They will only help you if you don't do ANYTHING to help yourself. People who know how to "work the system" teach their children how to do so, instead of teaching them about an honest days work. We are cultivating a society of shiftless leaches...this cannot end well. My children, garden and earn their allowance and among other life lessons, their father goes to work each morning. Just my .02$..
    .....;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm glad you guys see the same problem the way I see it. It is a never ending cycle, if enough people could just read this, then they could tell their congressional represenatives and in 20 years we might get something done. Thanks for the comments and don't forget to follow my blog if you like it. Please....

    ReplyDelete